Gallery Slideshow

JoshuaWoolford's  album on Photobucket

Tuesday 20 November 2012

This is one of the many peice that I created during my First year of collge, which was a time when lacking inspiration and motivation was my standard behaviour, simply because their where many things playing on my mind, mind altering substances being the most common.

But even though this is a empty Peice in meaning and concept, other than being based on architecture, I am still impressed with the type of imagery i took away from this, and this is most likley the first time i created a 3d Peice with no teacher pushing and shoving me in the "right" direction which is what i received at school once i left the 2Dimentional Medias.
Made simply from Standard Greycard scouerd and shaped into intresting positions that flowed out of me, creating a bold and chaotic composition that I could work from,

the right model is the original attempt and you are seeing it from a above veiw.

The left is the peice that i made to support the componant peice and my favourite of the two.

when the two are conjoined they turn from intresting models into a a structural peice that has a organic feel around it. and if was to be replicated on a larger scale would be a overbaring and absorbing sculpture.

When this image is photographed closely once i had attacked it with a selection of spray paints it reminds me of a Frank Stella work, the way in which he worked out of a canvas with strips of material, they're some decent effects created by using a glue gun to connect areas together and letting paints settle.

No comments:

Post a Comment